Friday, June 02, 2017

European Association of Tax Law Professors, 2017 Congress

Today I spoke at the European Association of Tax Law Professors' 2017 Congress, in Lodz, Poland. (My first time in Poland - I flew into Warsaw last night, then took the train to Lodz this morning.) The event has certainly grown since I was last there 7 years ago (at a Congress in Leuven, Belgium). The conference's topic this year was corporate residence, a natural for me as I have written about it in the past.

Some thoughts (unrelated to my actual remarks) that I, yes, I admit I tweeted during the sessions, as they were brought to mind by the presentations, were as follows:

1) Should we in principle have a DBCFT? Not a well-posed question unless one specifies the rest of the fiscal system.

And:

2) DBCFT = VAT + 0% origin-based corporate/business income tax + ??. Wage deduction not meaningful w/o specifying how other taxes treat wages.

My remarks about "the future of corporate residence - a U.S. perspective" are generally summarized by these slides.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it would be phenomenal access to with beneficial European Association of Tax Law Professors, 2017 Congress such helpful and most associate post for pubic in legal basis.







Reduce Tax Paid By UK Dentists | Reduce tax for property developers in UK